Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions


I thought I'd get away without making a list of resolutions, (my procrastination being one thing I hope to conquer in 2013) but seeing some of my favourite bloggers making thoughtful posts, I'd like to give my two cents too before the year runs out in about an hour.


The last of the summer prosecco, Venice, September 2012

I won't elaborate on the "highs and lows". For the next year I want to be more consistent with my blogging (feel free to tell me to pull up my socks if I slack on this one!). I read à la garçonnière's comprehensive review of the year and found many of the articles she listed particularly inspiring, especially 'Real Talk: Am I living radically?'. It epitomises what I want to accomplish in 2013, the confidence to write radically, to listen, to learn and to be a better ally. I have spates of identity crisises with the blog, and as a personal space I want it to mean something, whatever I put here.

Another resolution: to live without fear.

I'm tired of being enclosed here. I'm wearying to escape into that glorious world, and to be always there: not seeing it dimly through tears, and yearning for it through the walls of an aching heart: but really with it, and in it. (Wuthering Heights, Chapter 15).


Musing over mosaics, Brussels, March 2012

I originally wrote 'try to live without fear', but that try part was giving me an escape clause. I don't want to try, I want to accomplish. I want to find meaning in everything I do. I want to be the best version of myself I possibly can be, to find happiness, to not shut people out. I want to live up to my potential, and find it in others.


Classiebawn Castle, Mullaghmore, Co. Sligo, December 2012

Goodbye 2012!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Zoë! Wishing you all the best for 2013. You've also put me in the mood to read Wuthering Heights ASAP x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love, i hope you're well, i try to re-read it every year, get stuck in xx

      Delete
  2. much as i am into this entire post, that last image is absolutely amazing. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was taken by my pal Finn! it is the most beautiful place in the world, as i know it! thank you x

      Delete