Friday, July 23, 2010

High Fashion for 55c

I was alerted to the existence of these beauties by Whisty and as my dad's a man of letters, (that is, a postman) I had to get my mitts on them. (Posties don't get free stamps/mail by the way.) They're even nicer in real life, the designers names are in an eye catching neon and are embossed (ooeerr!) for that extra luxe effect!

John Rocha, Philip Treacy, Orla Kiely, Lainey Keogh, Louise Kennedy and Paul Costello are the chosen designers. I'm a bit sore not to see Peter O'Brien on there though.



Now if I could only have some letters to post so I could send these high fashion lovelies to glamourous parts of the globe, or, er, even the other side of the country.

This limited edition issue is part of An Post's Commemorative Stamp programme. No, I'm not a stamp collector, just a accumulator of curious and pretty things. As you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment